Online tasting, any interest?

I suspect that there would be nightly interest in a virtual tasting to a theme!

Tonightwas video conference beers with:
  • My team at 17:00 then
  • My NCT mates at 20:00
These are strange times but whilst it would have been better in the pub with both groups actually 'meeting' with face to face contact way better than nothing.

I would be interested Paul

I like the casual chats but I’m also interested in something a little more structured although the schedule for online events is now getting pretty busy, as well as last nights virtual online I also watched a production from Sadlers Wells (Ballet Boyz- fantastic) from the Royal Ballet school (Peter & the wolf - ok) some friends doing a small virtual DJ session and a chat with my brother in Spain - it’s hectic !

Paul, end of the week always a good time for me as trying not to drink until at least Thursday. Always interested in a German event. I did drink one of my wonderful 1990 Prum WS Auslese last week as a treat and don’t have many left now but I do have an 88, some 2001 and few other interesting bits and pieces at home.

Paul, end of the week always a good time for me as trying not to drink until at least Thursday. Always interested in a German event. I did drink one of my wonderful 1990 Prum WS Auslese last week as a treat and don’t have many left now but I do have an 88, some 2001 and few other interesting bits and pieces at home.

A German event next Friday or Saturday would not go amiss with me! We will be attempting to get a Northern Offline catch-up later today via Zoom. Not sure what the etiquette is when it comes to virtual tastings (as opposed business meetings), other than don't take the phone into the bathroom.

Does Monday 6th April 8:00-9.30pm work?
Sorry it's a bit late.

Jean Fisch (joint author with David Rayer of the wonderful, free, journal, Mosel Fine Wines) will join us in the discussion.
Mosel Riesling will be nominally the theme. But any quality Riesling or German wine will be fine.

Sorry it's a bit late.

Jean Fisch (joint author with David Rayer of the wonderful, free, journal, Mosel Fine Wines) will join us in the discussion.
Mosel Riesling will be nominally the theme. But any quality Riesling or German wine will be fine.
I'm interested, but may be a little late in joining from another first up Zoom event. A bit like buses.:rolleyes:

Perfect
Sorry it's a bit late.

A perfect hour for an Auslese! Might crack the first of my Prum WS 05s.!

Sorry it's a bit late.

Unfortunately I’ve already got a 8-9pm tasting on Monday, but that sounds really interesting and up my street / strasse

Sorry it's a bit late.

A Monday night ! Well it’s lockdown and only low alcohol Riesling so that would be great. Be good to see Jean, often read MFW which is excellent at highlighting producers perhaps not prevalent with UK suppliers.
I have a solitary 1989 Donnhoff GK still I believe and a few interesting ones so will have a look.

The 67 thing last night was a bit different from what's being planned here. We had a couple of hundred people, each with their own wine or wines, and able to join in through the chat function but with that number of people attendees had to be 'muted'. I warbled away for a cheerful hour. However it did make for a good community engagement as far as I could tell from the speed of the chat comments