NWR The "What are we listening to?" Thread

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Rod Smith, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Eurythmics – I Saved the World Today

2. 7DC1913B-F9E5-4C78-8679-710E5DFAA609.jpeg So, this morning a dental checkup and a trip to the sorting office to collect a parcel, which is coincidentally close to my local indie store. So what could I do.

Finally I have Tom’s track, though at just under £40 (my choice not to go with the big A) it’s just as well there are one or two other decent tracks ;):D.

Rema Rema has just been released. I have the original vinyl 12” and we used to play the song of the same name as an encore sometimes. A crowd pleaser of its type. A significant lost band, though I’ve not played the cd yet.

The vinyl is an EP Kamasi Washington did between the two LPs.

Tom Cannavan likes this.
  3. Listening to Rema Rema, the “Roses” disc is surprisingly well remastered and very good. The second disc of demos is rougher, but nice for fans.

4. The Cinematic Orchestra - Wait For Now/Leave The World (featuring Tawiah)

Rudi Finkler likes this.
  5. Tomorrow evening I will be mainly listening to Stiff Little Fingers (supported by Eddie and the Hot Rods) at Glesga's Barrowlands. SLFs' traditional St Patrick's Day Barrowlands gig (about 30 years in a row now) has been extended to 2 days (both sold out rather quickly too).

David Crossley and Tom Cannavan like this.
  6. As we are close to SPD I watched Irish Rock at the BBC. Although I seem to have missed Thin Lizzy (??) some interesting stuff along with some crap. Nice to see SLF, Pogues and Undertones.

Then watched a fascinating documentary on Irish Show Bands, a genre I knew nothing about. Sad ending though.

7. Ooh, Restricted Code has just come on...:D

8. Bizarrely - listening to Nigel Blackwell from HMHB being interviewed in Welsh on Radio Cymru. Apparently his accent was thought to be Flintshire by a Caernafon resident, as opposed to other side of the Dee.

9. Bailero from the Chants d'Auvergne - wistful and beautiful - the words are too.

10. Victoria de Los Angeles?

11. Yes, Jim.

Jim Agar likes this.
  12. The Kiri Ti Kanewa version is perhaps even better...

Jim Agar likes this.
  13. Alphaville - Forever Young

Alan Michael Gay likes this.
  14. Okay, Rudi, i’ll see your “Forever Young” and raise you Alphaville by the Monochrome Set.

15. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

3 minutes of utter gorgeousness.

David Crossley likes this.
  16. The extraordinary and brilliant 'On the Corner' plus 'Someday My Price Will Come' both by Miles Davis this afternoon and a bit of Kendrick Lamar this evening.

17. Bunch of Kunst: A Film About Sleaford Mods on Sky Arts tonight at 21:00.

Peter Webb likes this.
  18. Sucker for psych...

Rudi Finkler likes this.
  19. An offline in central Manchester was a good excuse the visit Vinyl Exchange and other music shops near Piccadilly. War On Drugs - A Deeper Understanding and Hookworms- Hum were acquired and now providing an enjoyable Sunday soundtrack.

20. My 12 year old daughter played me Kaleo - Way down we go. Fantastic song that prompted me to listen to their album, A/B. Best new album I’ve heard in a long time. Classic rock/blues band produced by the Kings of Leon producer. Very strongly recommend.

David Crossley likes this.
  21. Absolutely love this even though not my usual type of listening.

Mahmoud Ali likes this.