the beauty of thread drift

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Tom Cannavan, May 31, 2020.

1. As Intergalactic poet Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz would say, "Covid's too good for them"

2. Pace the Australian references, as Monty Python said in the "Bruce" sketch: "This is the wattle, the emblem of our land; You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand".

Jim Agar likes this.
  3. Oh yes, although he was too much of an “upcoming talent” when I was at school to be studied by the likes of me. We were dosed with Henry Lawson and Banjo Patterson.

I initially thought you must have been referring to the mighty Les Murray of SBS fame.

Jeremy Caan likes this.
  4. I'm more acquainted with Sir Les Patterson.

5. I can recite Hamlet by heart (well the Milligan version anyway). Does that count?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Tom Cannavan likes this.
  6. Ooh, ooh, Sir, Sir.....thread drift opportunity!!

Speaking of Hamlet, there is a house on Embankment by Chelsea Bridge that has his and hers Rollers that are often parked together in front of their garages. Number plates 2B and NOT2B. Can anyone give me a steer on who the possible owner is? I’m assuming someone in the theatrical world on the basis that philosophers are unlikely to be able to afford two Rollers, a house on Chelsea Embankment with two garages and those two number plates...

7. What’ll you be doing with your wattle Squire Bradley?

8. The owners of Hamlet Cigars plc?

9. "Unusual" being the operative word Tom.

Tom Cannavan likes this.
  10. Thread convergence alert!

Paul Anderson likes this.
  11. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

Pencil oligarchs? (well, one of them)