Supermarket promotions 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veuve Cliquot 2008 (although the pic shows 2012) for £33.33 a bottle - seemed rude not to.

last time I took advantage of this only three turned up - they refunded those at full price and I ended up paying around 20 / bottle, which made them all the lovelier.

Now I just need to somehow make room in the wine cupboard...
Well that nice new office you have seems a good place to put in a proper wine ageing / storage unit. Saying that if you buy it then you will fill it and hit the same issue. Of course if you do get a case of the 2008 you can send that to storage as a full same case and grab a few more to try :)
I have VC 08 and Moet 12 from last years offers sitting elsewhere. (My new storage unit is full of course and more new stock is on way so will have to send “offline” )

Veuve Cliquot 2008 (although the pic shows 2012) for £33.33 a bottle - seemed rude not to.

last time I took advantage of this only three turned up - they refunded those at full price and I ended up paying around 20 / bottle, which made them all the lovelier.

Now I just need to somehow make room in the wine cupboard...

Sorry where was that Leon?

just bought 6 of the Clicquot 12s myself at that price it's a bargain really especially given Dr P's recent review. The 08s were excellent but have gone into their shell slightly I think but confident they'll emerge nicely. I imagine the 12s will disappear quickly.

Ordered six bottles of the vintage Veuve but have just been informed that I'm only getting three. They're substituting with Laurent-Perrier La Cuvée NV - not a Champagne with which I'm familiar. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Ordered six bottles of the vintage Veuve but have just been informed that I'm only getting three. They're substituting with Laurent-Perrier La Cuvée NV - not a Champagne with which I'm familiar. Does anyone here have any experience with it?

Yes-absolutely terrible last year though I suppose it may have improved.

Thanks both. CT reviews are mostly pretty scathing too. Not sure how this works - if I refuse the subsitutions, does that mean I lose the 6-bottle discount on the VC? Nothing on the website and I can't get through to customer service. And I'll be out when the delivery is due to arrive so can't ask the driver myself. Curse these first-world dilemmas.

Just back from my local MWW (Giffnock). Magnums of Vina Ardanza 2009 reduced to clear £35. I bought the 3 they had left. They have magnums of 2010 also but they are £50. Anyone had the 09 recently?
Thanks for this. Popped into local Majestic and got their last '09 magnum, then the nice chap pointed out they also had an '08 mag at the same discounted price, so took that off their hands...he also confessed that the manager had snaffled the last 2 mags showing in the system for a day in Brighton.

...Not sure how this works - if I refuse the subsitutions, does that mean I lose the 6-bottle discount ...

No. Allowing substitutions (and then rejecting them on the doorstep) protects the 6 bottle discount should anything be out of stock. Some people have reported that the rejected items are deducted at full price resulting in a super-duper discount on the retained items.

No. Allowing substitutions (and then rejecting them on the doorstep) protects the 6 bottle discount should anything be out of stock. Some people have reported that the rejected items are deducted at full price resulting in a super-duper discount on the retained items.

Yes, I was just about to post about my experience, which is just as you described. I rejected the three bottles of LP, which were charged to me at the discounted rate and then refunded at full price, so I got three bottles of 2012 VC for £23 each. And truth be told, I didn't really want six bottles, so I couldn't really have hoped for a better result.

Status
Not open for further replies.