Supermarket promotions 2019

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Paul Benny, Feb 21, 2019.

1. The 'competitive offers' thread is becoming very long, so I thought a new thread specifically highlighting supermarket promos might be useful.

First of the year for 25% off 6+ at Sainsburys running from 22-25 Feb

Some worthwhile savings on Grand Marques
    - Moet £28 -> £21
    - Bolly £34 -> £25.50
    - Mumm £25 -> £18.75

If ordering online, remember
    - *Delivery* must be inside the promotion window
    - To protect the discount if anything is out of stock, allow substitutes and reject any when delivered.
    Some stores offer click and collect, which involves drawing up at a parked delivery van!

Thom Blach likes this.
  2. Thanks for the headsup for Sainsburys.... I have £300 worth of nectar points that need using! :)

3. As predicted.... DP is now £130 prior to any discounts (£10 increase). Potentially a good price still for DP '08, made the DP '09 at the local Sainsbury's slightly unattractive (given I have numerous bottles from previous discounting episodes).

4. Thanks, Paul. I remember a brilliant bottle of Mumm a couple of months back but I am sufficiently doubtful of my objectivity to know whether it is worth repeating; there is no question that it was enhanced by very considerable thirst., and is often said of food hunger is the best sauce of all.

Mahmoud Ali and GuyD'nis like this.
  5. Its a decent glugger, serve well chilled, and enjoy in large gulps.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Will Devize and Thom Blach like this.
  6. LPR -£36; Lanson rosé £21.75.
    Dr. Loosen GH Kab ‘15 £7.87, all net.

7. Gilles Barge Cote Rotie Le Combard 2013 £21something at M&S, even though it said £30 on the shelf label.

8. I ordered from Sainsos for delivery today. I had an email early this morning saying they’ve cancelled my order and then a text later on to say they are coming to deliver between 1pm and 2pm.

If it is cancelled this is the third time in a row they’ve cancelled such an order.

9. ???

10. Marks and Spencer in Brighton currently has in their 1/3 off offer hospices de beaune Volney Cuvee Blondeau 2015, works out as £43.33 a bottle and if you have one of their £5 vouchers they are giving out now as I had £38.33 looks like a good deal

11. I ordered 6 bottles of the Moet 2009 from Sainsburys at £33.75 per bottle net. 6 bottles of the 2012 arrived so probably a result!

12. correct!

My local one had lanson 2008 for 35 quid less 25% which is a decent (if long term) bet

13. Just spotted this as well and was going to post but first wanted to ask if anyone has actually tried one of the for m&s hospices de Beaune? Can't find much online.

14. Walking through small local M&S which seemed to have little of interest I spotted a Xinomavro 2016 by Thymiopoulos for IIRC about £7 after discount (can't find receipt for some reason). Young Tom C of this parish reviewed a 2017 Jeunes Vignes Xinomavro by the same maker Going Greek with Borders Wines | wine-pages although this says the M&S have created their own blend...will try a bottle shortly with BBQ sausages (!) but no great risk attached.

15. I haven't but I've had a good number of Lucien Le Moine bottles and wouldn't get very excited about them though at half the discounted price this would be fun.

16. The 2014 Meursault was stunning a few weeks ago. Not tried that Volnay though

17. And very pleasant it is too. Light in body, squeaky red fruit with lots of acid, no oak, excellent mid-week food wine for not a lot of dosh. Will pop down for a couple more at this price.

18. E3CE9533-D405-4E67-B361-76D46EE63496.jpeg M&S 1/3 off continues. This Tawny seemed too good a deal to refuse, £35 down to £12

Mahmoud Ali and Graham Harvey like this.
  19. My best achievement courtesy of my wife’s eagle eye in M&S two months ago was two bottles of Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs 2006 at £37.50 each. Marked down from £120 to £50 on the shelf, they were further reduced at the till. Doubt it will ever happen again.

20. Lidl Colomban - Muscat de St-Jean-de-Minervois (half bottle) is only £4 in their wine clearance section.

21. F6651772-6774-4B06-B6F5-7D0B2157A1CD.jpeg 5E327488-C5A2-47E7-AC96-FE24EEB80633.jpeg Further M&S bargains which I’m beginning to wonder are mispriced as they are more like 2/3 off than the current 1/3 deal.

Port £30 down to £10

Cluver Riesling approx £12 from memory down to £4, we had one last night and very pleasant it was. 10.5% ABV, off dry but suitably refreshing.

Camel Valley Brut £27 down to £9

Sadly no Comtes in sight!!
    Plenty of the 20 yo Tawny still on the shelves from previous post.

22. The web-site gives no clues. Do I detour half way across Poole/Bournemouth, this evening, on yet another Forum inspired wild-goose chase? :eek:

23. It is usually in the very big M&S stores with extensive food and drink selections that you tend to find ridiculous bargains as they are the only ones who occasionally stock higher-end wines you wouldn’t normally expect to find in a supermarket.

24. I was passing through M&S in Tunbridge Wells on Friday and they had a lot of interesting stuff. Picked up Dom De La Pinte 2016 Chardonnay for £11. They also had magnums of chavy-chouet’s Bourgogne Blanc 2014 and 2015 on the shelves for £24. Roberson are selling bottles of the 2017 for £23 so it's about half their price. I have had the 2016 and it’s excellent.

Robbie Ward likes this.
  25. My local M&S has Bichot 2016 Hautes-Côtes de Beaune. Likely to be any good? £16.50 I think.