Repour Wine Saver

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Tom Cannavan, Mar 25, 2020 at 2:29 PM.

1. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

Have to say we still don't really see the need for leftover wine preservation tools and systems, but I know some people find Coravin and the like useful. Through a mutual friend the inventor of the 'Repour' system got in touch a while back and sent me a sample pack. I've tried this simple one-use-per-bottle option several times now and have been impressed by its simplicity and effectiveness. Just written up here:

Repour wine saver | wine-pages

Simon Grant likes this.
  2. Sounds really interesting Tom, could allow multiple bottles to last a few days, if fridge space allows.

Tom Cannavan likes this.
  3. Tom Cannavan

Yes, I really couldn't justify the £200 spend on Coravin, but a box of these now and again could be useful at £2 each. I think larger catering-sized packs bring the cost down, but it would take me a lifetime to get through 100 of them :)

4. Very good Tom. We had a thread on this a while back as I bought them a year or so ago and had ideas of holding bottles for the next week and having multiple bottles on go. I now tend to finish the bottle next day though I did save a bottle last week I didn’t fancy finishing.
    My plan was for it to keep 5-7 days and it worked well on most. (Older more delicate wines I fear worse results).
    Still if you have a half decent bottle the cost is acceptable and it’s a good product,
    I still have about 15 here. ZOS halo uses a similar design but is bigger and can be used on a few bottles and has a light indicator.
    3 weeks is some test, especially not refrigerated- very surprised at that.

repour I think is a good option to have to hand though.

Tom Cannavan likes this.
  5. Tom Cannavan

Must have missed the original thread - now off to hunt for it to see what others thought. yes, three weeks is slightly longer than I meant to leave the wine, but hey, there you go :)

6. Tom Cannavan

Oops, I didn't miss the thread back in 2017 - I actually joined in with a couple of questions about how it worked! Had completely forgotten that. :). The suggestion is, one stopper per bottle of wine: obviously if you use it once to stopper a bottle with a glass taken out and pop it in a different bottle next day the material inside should still be doing its job, but the inventor suggests its one per bottle for best effect.

7. Please can you explain the concept of "leftovers". Not something one has ever encountered before.

Mahmoud Ali likes this.
  8. Tom Cannavan

Well, that's kind of what I think too....