Pound Sterling exchange rate

Wow! Pound got murdered over the last two days, '15 Burgundy going to be really expensive in Pounds.

On the other hand, it works great for buying back vintages.

It was what is called a flash crash and could be a taste of things to come. The FX market is now the effective opposition to a populist clueless government careering to a Hard B, where the lunatics are running the asylum...they not only have the party over a barrel but the whole country. But don't worry we can export boomerangs to the Australians and bottled country air to the Chinese.

hhhhmmmm this looks a bit too political to me...
Time to buy £s and to bet there will be growth thanks to competitive devaluation...
Uk competitive again...
In any case, it will be difficult to decrease interest rates...

It was what is called a flash crash and could be a taste of things to come. The FX market is now the effective opposition to a populist clueless government careering to a Hard B, where the lunatics are running the asylum...they not only have the party over a barrel but the whole country. But don't worry we can export boomerangs to the Australians and bottled country air to the Chinese.

Ah yes, the markets are the sane voice of reason... Have I fallen through the trapdoor yet?

oooh, what a bunch of worriers we are! It only takes the US to vote Trump in and the Dollar will er.... explode!! (Tongue FIRMLY in cheek, just in case "irony" etc doesn't come accross on the forum.... ? is there an Emoticon for that? )

It's OK, a minister has spoken.

MP Mark Garnier, a minister at the Department for International Trade, said: “Clearly it’s [the falling pound] to do with the [Brexit] vote, but actually it’s not an unwelcome reaction. Sterling is probably about where it should be."

It's OK, a minister has spoken.

MP Mark Garnier, a minister at the Department for International Trade, said: “Clearly it’s [the falling pound] to do with the [Brexit] vote, but actually it’s not an unwelcome reaction. Sterling is probably about where it should be."

Inflation here we come. Bet you interest rates will remain where they are even if inflation is 5%+

Most analysts say it will be about $1.20 before Spring and maybe below if the markets sneeze. Below parity with that much maligned currency, the euro, is not far off. I am kicking myself I didn't buy four or five times as much as I did in the week before the vote. It would have been the most profitable non-property transaction of my life.

Steve, I think you are sort of right, no late 80s levels, when you could flog a London house and live off the interest for two years, but they will go up. Nice for us, less so for the kids (the story of the decade, I think).

I bought quite a few cases when the pound plunged to under 1.10 against the euro - must have been 6 years or so ago. Might look at buying again when it get down to that level again - next week ? - but its only worth doing as long as the GBP price stays the same. For those of you with plenty of excess stock, there might be good opportunities to get rid of some in the future. I'd wait a few while though as the best/worst is still to come

Anthony Hilton getting philosophical... about beliefs, facts, economists,...
The facts and myths about Britain’s new place in the world
I remember black wednesday 1992 when I came to Britain (september 92, 24 years ago!... with a break of 3 years in Amsterdam). I could afford renting a house in Chelsea and walk to the local Oddbins to purchase fine wines...while it lasted...
This time, I don't expect it to last with internet merchants... will be quick to increase prices...