It's the Easter weekend, what are you drinking?

Not sure of what we'll be drinking yet. But not only is today my
Birthday but tonight our local wine group are doing a Zoom tasting. Should be fun.

Russ

Half cases of Tempier Rosé '19 & two PYCM '18s arrived this morning. Langham are nowadays delivering so a re-up of some fizz & there two new still wines should be here today. Should keep us busy.

Mark,

Never had the Langham fizz, but should as it where we live(and I am now). Okay not the same Langham.

There was once a wine bottled from a vineyard here, now gone. And there are acres of new vineyards nearby. Watch out for Cote de Constable county, cuvée Essex.

Tomorrow the English wine industry are holding a special night to support the industry- see Great British Wine website. I am not sure whether to try:
Cottonworth
Greyfriars cuvée royale or
Fox & Fox tradition.

anyone tried any of these?

Tomorrow the English wine industry are holding a special night to support the industry- see Great British Wine website. I am not sure whether to try:
Cottonworth
Greyfriars cuvée royale or
Fox & Fox tradition.

anyone tried any of these?
I found the Cottonworth pretty tasty when I had one last year

A flight of fizz planned tomorrow (likely various bits picked up from a recent Bacchus sale - an NV Rosé Saignee, some '02 and '08 BdB. May also crack an '06 Comtes. I rather fancy some white Burgundy too but should probably drink some of my '15 As Sortes. Hopefully some Kabinett, Tempier Rosé '16 and a bit of red Burgundy with duck and Cab with lamb but no specific candidates for these yet...

A flight of fizz planned tomorrow (likely various bits picked up from a recent Bacchus sale - an NV Rosé Saignee, some '02 and '08 BdB. May also crack an '06 Comtes. I rather fancy some white Burgundy too but should probably drink some of my '15 As Sortes. Hopefully some Kabinett, Tempier Rosé '16 and a bit of red Burgundy with duck and Cab with lamb but no specific candidates for these yet...

had the 15 as Sortes a month or two ago at chez Bruce when they had the byo deal on. Superb and quite Burgundian so should work for you. The somm suggested decanting which we did and it worked very well. Quite a rich feel initially, backed by bags of acidity. Enjoy!

I’ve taken a couple of days off work either side of the weekend to entertain the kids so Cheeky glass of Tempier Rose at lunch today with tomato & mozzarella salad.

Chicken kebabs tonight with homemade hummus and tatziki so will open an Assyrtiko de mylos VV 2015 by hatzidakis I’ve been looking at for a while. The second half of a jean guiton beaune Les sizies 13 opened last nigh with some of our mons cheese delivery afterwards.

the rest of the weekend TBD but probably something red and tannic with lamb shoulder on Sunday...

Starting in an hour or so with Team Zoom drinks, where I'll be opening a newly delivered P-J Kuehn "Jacobus" riesling, 2018, from the HR offer. Something red later on once the kids are down... On Sunday we will have roast lamb, with garlic/anchovies, and I'm thinking claret: a limited selection so may plump for 2010 Haut-Bages-Liberal, or 2005 Durfort-Vivens. Rioja also calls, I've a choice of Tondonias, or, if feeling burly a Muga Seleccion Especial 2005. Any thoughts on any of the above most welcome! There will be champagne in the morning. As we are locked down, we're not seeing the folks this year, so no Polish sausage etc., though we will share an egg and vodka over Skype with the family. So many options...

Last night was Gruner Vetliner from Waimea 2017. Actually quite nice although the white pepper was initially somewhat overwhelming.

Tonight’s aperitif is pilsner. Bohemian floor malt, lots of late additions of tettnang, hallertau and saaz, very cold ferment and 6 week lagering at -2c. Result is a most wonderfully clean expression of the hops with just enough body (4% Carapils malt) to give a long, satisfying finish. Only another 28 litres to get through this summer.

And I might have a Sociando Malllet 2003 with lamb chops, Jersey royals and cabbage.

Galician Beef on the BBQ calls Sean O'Callaghan Chianti Classico 2017 Tenuta di Carleone slightly chilled. I wished I had some aged left Bank Bordeaux
Tomorrow some 2017 Vitovska from Zidarich with some pasta con ricotta, mint and courgettes.

Negroni
Tonight: Tanqueray 10 Gin, Bitter del Professore, Vermouth Rosso Del Professore (from Torino)
Tomorrow: Scapegrace Gin,Vermouth and Bitter delle Alpi Vernay (from Val d'Aosta)

Sunday it Tagliatelle al Ragu' aka Bolognese. I may be dry or just Leclissi 2019 Lambrusco from Paltrinieri.

It is 24/25 degrees here