Has anyone ever tried a PYCM red?

Previously picked up 2017 Volnay Taillepieds and 2018 Caillerets. I wondered if anyone has ever had a red by the master of whites? No idea on these...

Yes Graham - I’ve had one or two of the Santenay Ceps Centenaires. To be honest, I’m not sure what I make of them yet. They are made in a taut, fairly lean style and none of the ones I’ve tried have seemed to be mature yet, including 2009. Your post reminds me that I should take another look at the 2009 sometime later this year.

I can't resist to say the first PYCM I ever bought were bin end Santenay reds, the cheapest thing on the list, at 6/7 quid tops. I loved them but I know why they were on a bin end list at the time, almost salmon pink, light, ethereal, salty, sweet and a bit tart. I only bought them to make up the case and drank them without a thought really but I did mentally note the caps and labels at the time.

I bought some PYCM Pernand whites today safe in the knowledge that at the earliest part of life they will just taste like PYCM!

Has anyone tried any of Caroline Morey's reds? I've ordered a bottle of 2014 Santenay Rouge, Les Cornieres for delivery. I'm excited to try it so therefore wondered if anyone else likes her reds etc? Or dislikes for that matter

Yes George, I buy her Santenay and the Santenay Cornieres. They are delicate, low-tannin, near term drinking wines. Very pretty, acidic and food friendly.

I am currently drinking a bottle of 2014 Santenay Cornieres Rouge, really lovely, clear ruby, sweet fruit, very pretty as such. The only shame is i find it finishes a bit short. Really cant complain. I'd actually be intrigued to see how it would be in another couple of years out of pure curiosity. Certainly a wine i'd consider buying again if the price is right.

Update - The second glass and a small third were really dull, nose felt suddenly closed, on the palate the wine felt tighter and slightly thin.

I'm not too sure why given the first glass, any ideas?

I've kept the rest of the bottle to have tomorrow with some Rainbow Trout as its my Birthday and i turn 24. If the wine is still dull i have a 2010 Santenay Clos Rousseau from C Giroud that could be slightly more interesting... or still very stubborn...

Update - The second glass and a small third were really dull, nose felt suddenly closed, on the palate the wine felt tighter and slightly thin.

I'm not too sure why given the first glass, any ideas?

I've kept the rest of the bottle to have tomorrow with some Rainbow Trout as its my Birthday and i turn 24. If the wine is still dull i have a 2010 Santenay Clos Rousseau from C Giroud that could be slightly more interesting... or still very stubborn...

That’s an indication for me that it’s closing up and best left alone for a while.

Happy birthday!