Good excuses to rip up vines

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Jeremy Caan, May 28, 2020.

1. A0B2BC57-01DF-42AE-8CCC-3C7A1948996D.jpeg

When they are taking up prime real estate

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Jeremy Caan likes this.
  2. Zotzenberg Grand Cru Alsace. Well, at least the part which contains any Sylvaner. :mad:

DNDUppnWsAA3fEs.jpeg

Jeremy Caan likes this.
  3. Keep 'em coming! Lovely ideas so far. Maybe we can crowd-fund the ripping up.

4. Because you need to build a motorway bridge...and have no soul Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 16.56.07.png .

5. Mahmoud Ali likes this.
  6. That picture of Zotzenberg is superb, and a great shame they're replanting

7. Great thread, Jeremy

I remember (though not, alas, who was responsible) when a tutor of MW exam candidates asked students to write a piece on a topical wine news item in the style of any newspaper.
    One candidate came back with "ALIENS ate my VINEYARD" in suitable Freddie Starr style

Paul Anderson and Jeremy Caan like this.
  8. The very reason why I avoid buying any Constellation wines. Good luck getting retailers to take up the boycott.

Ian Sutton likes this.
  9. In the words of one M Haisma when inspecting the pinot noir that got transferred from the old 8LA plot to the new 9HZ plot 'You'll have to take that out because it's f**ked"

Nick Amis and Ian Sutton like this.
  10. Cabernet in Chianti Classico and Brunello.

11. Merlot surely?

12. Chris, I was trying to find a home for a few cases of Petrus for exactly that reason. I know you won't want them so I'm going to leave them outside on the street for passers-by.

13. I think Merlot is rather more benign an influence than Cabernet, especially in places where Cab is not mentioned on the label.

Mark Temple likes this.