NWR Family holidays in the era of Covid-19

I was thinking of popping over to Beaune for a week but quarantine rules have put that on hold. So I might go away for a break here in the UK but can't think where, given that many places are closed. Where would forumites recommend? I like seeing things like cinema, theatre, museums and exhibitions. Where would forumites recommend? Are there many such delights in the fleshpots of Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester?
York has plenty going for it, not least 365 pubs within the city walls

I think this is a question of our comparatively undeveloped tourist industry now having much increased demand. Much as it’s annoying I am pleased to see people in that sector be able to make decent money - we have family in Cornwall and while a lot of businesses have had to contract or shut down - the recent 100% occupation of all accommodation, packed restaurants and bars has been just what they needed.

If this signals a longer term return to UK holidays, it would be nice to see rural economies, and the people who work in them, getting more of the benefit.

funnily enough we just booked center parcs for next summer (we will be going with the in-laws so Self Enforced Fun will very much be the order of the day...) - a week in England was 6k, while in Belgium it was under 2 (for a VIP lodge no less, which includes a daily delivery of complimentary breakfast pastries, about which my children are already excited...). It will be at the end of the school holidays so a reimposed quarantine might leave us out of pocket - but in the circumstances that feels less risky than spending a whole nother four thousand pounds on a week at Center Parcs.

funnily enough we just booked center parcs for next summer (we will be going with the in-laws so Self Enforced Fun will very much be the order of the day...) - a week in England was 6k,
I am staggered; it makes a bottle of La Tache seem like the bargain of the century.
I might very well pay 6k if the alternative were spending a week at centerparcs, however.

Off to Wales with my sister’s family. The Welsh exclusion of under 11s meant the Y Dales holiday got cancelled. As ever we rely on house swaps with friends, the cost of UK holidays being prohibitive.

NB anyone in London fancying a few days in edge-of-village White Peak Derbyshire Let me know.