Cellar Watch/Vinous

I have received an email, see below, from Cellar Tracker advising me of changes being made to the website/data base as a result of the takeover by Vinous. The email invites me to update via a link they will send to my registered email address. Tried, as instructed, twice - no reply. Am I, again, incompetent or does anyone else have the same experience ?

upload_2020-6-17_16-39-18.png

Last edited:
So has anyone migrated from Cellar Tracker to Cellar Watch? I received a similar offer today and out of curiosity signed up for the free period. The biggest issue for me is that there appears to be no facility to import an existing cellar though you can export a CSV! Cellar Tracker does provide both an import and export facility so that appears to immediately shoot Cellar Watch in the foot as I not going to manually add all my wine!

I got the vinous mail too, and at this stage I can’t see why I would want to move from CT and I’m certainly not maintaining 2 sites, I guess if you’re into the valuation and selling aspects it may make sense, although from a UK user perspective I think wine owners looks to have that covered.
If vinous removes their integration with CT it would annoy me though not enough to move from CT, it would make vinous less valuable to me

I currently use wineowners and that has links to scores from publications I subscrive to. I like it as there is an opportunity to trade P2P whereas I don't think that functionality is offered by CT or CW.

If CW shows greater price transparency and accuracy and is integrated to Vinous scores only, I can't see that it has any great appeal as Wineowners will show the Vinous score / review (as would CT) and the data is mainly relevant to blue chip wines that I think has more appeal to a wine investor rather than drinker.

If one is not a Vinous subscriber, has mostly a blue-chip cellar, then maybe CW makes more sense.

Vinous wanting to profit from the trading of investment grade wines. Meanwhile its approach to hype, inherited from the Robert Parker school, is a factor in price rises, as high scoring wines get chased by wine speculators / those following their gurus.

Seems to be a rather useful synergy...