NWR What films have you been watching?

Robot Jox. Legendry. I keep coming back to this film over and over when I say to people "You've not seen Robot Jox? Sit down with me for 90 minutes and enjoy!"

The story about this film came into my life was back in the day when we had a "video store" nearby I used to have regular "good bad" film afternoons with my mate. We walked in and asked "what is the best worst film you have?" and all 3 people who worked in the shop said in unison "ROBOT JOX".

Past Lives
2 hours of very little going on except the subtitles.
American Fiction
Builds nicely after a slow start.
I enjoyed it and Jeffrey Wright has always been worth watching going back to Boardwalk Empire.
I am not sure the end was totally satisfactory, but worth the watch.

Robot Jox. Legendry. I keep coming back to this film over and over when I say to people "You've not seen Robot Jox? Sit down with me for 90 minutes and enjoy!"

The story about this film came into my life was back in the day when we had a "video store" nearby I used to have regular "good bad" film afternoons with my mate. We walked in and asked "what is the best worst film you have?" and all 3 people who worked in the shop said in unison "ROBOT JOX".

That looks delightful, though feel the trailer was enough - I love the Frankie Goes to Hollywood bits in the soundtrack too.

sadly none of the uk streaming services seem to have it available. Can I hack a site using my VPN? I am interested to watch it but don't wish to pay.

I thought the script was a little lacking (if not strange!) in parts, but Murphy's performance is fantastic.
Thinking about it again overnight, one thing that stood out to me was how differently Nolan treated Murphy and Downey. He allowed Murphy lots of camera time in a very slow moving style with quite sparse dialogue whereas with Downey it was all rapid fire shots and quick back and forth dialogue. It was almost as if he didn't trust Downey not to mess it up if he gave him too much screen time!

The only really negative comment I can make about Dune 2 is that it is far too short. I actually shouted out ‘oh no’ when it finished. Never read the books, so no idea if the story has ended properly or not, but I would not say ‘no’ to a part 3.

Not as far as I know Alex. The first 2 films cover the 1st Book only. Just read up and they may well make a 3rd film, to cover book 2. My main point though is that the film jumped around a bit too quickly towards the end and they needed more time for the plot to hang together better. I actually preferred Nr 1, but that a bit like picking between 89 and 90 Montrose - both are at the same level.

Saw it on the local screen and will go back and see it in IMAX even if I did find it visually less exhilarating than the first.