Bitterness and Kegging

Here's a question for the home-brewers.
I condition my beer by carbonating it with CO2 in a keg. I'm noticing that when I do this I lose the bitterness that I had in the still beer.
Does anyone know whether this is a result of the carbonation and if there is any fix other than making the beer more bitter in the first place?

Force carbing generally increases perception of bitterness through lowering pH (carbonic acid) and that's been my experience. A couple of things spring to mind. Firstly oxidation can lessen bitterness - are you flushing with CO2 before you transfer to keg? Secondly infection will also make the beer taste less bitter - I strip down every part of a keg, clean, sterilise, reassemble and sterilise again before transferring. Lastly it may be a function of non-alpha acid bitter agents (yeast, phenolics) settling or being metabolised as the beer matures.

Force carbing generally increases perception of bitterness through lowering pH (carbonic acid) and that's been my experience. A couple of things spring to mind. Firstly oxidation can lessen bitterness - are you flushing with CO2 before you transfer to keg? Secondly infection will also make the beer taste less bitter - I strip down every part of a keg, clean, sterilise, reassemble and sterilise again before transferring. Lastly it may be a function of non-alpha acid bitter agents (yeast, phenolics) settling or being metabolised as the beer matures.

I fill the keg with CO2 before racking the beer into it so it never comes into contact with oxygen. And I sterilize it too. The settled beer tastes pretty bitter but once I start drawing from the keg it has lost that. Maybe it's the chilling.